What’s in your closet for your boudoir shoot
You’ve scheduled your GRIT&GRACE Boudoir Shoot. YAY! Go You!!
The first thing you’re probably stressing out about is what to wear (everyone does!).
We’re here to tell you that you don’t need to run out and buy a whole new wardrobe (unless you want to treat yourself!)! We’re going to help you style some pieces you probably have in your own closet for your shoot.
While a boudoir shoot can definitely mean lace and frills, it can also mean comfort and ease—you’ll be surprised at what you can do with the things you already have!
We’ve all got these in our wardrobe!
- Basic bra and underwear set (we prefer to avoid colors that may blend with your skin tone, so keep that in mind!)White or black t-shirt or tank top—form fitting or slightly oversized depending on the look you’re going for!
- Jeans—you know that pair that makes you feel amazing and makes you want to strut your stuff. That’s the pair for this!
- *Pro Tip—Pair those jeans with a basic tee and a contrasting bra peeking through. Spice it up a little more by leaving the jeans unbuttoned to offer a glimpse of your undies.*
Sweaters or Cardigans
Gosh, we love a good sweater. Not only a wardrobe choice, but they can make a fun prop for shoots too. They can be great for showing motion in a photo, helping camouflage areas we might feel insecure about, or giving us a cozy, Sunday morning vibe.Light cardigansChunky oversized knit cardigans give that perfect off-the-shoulder slouchTurtlenecks—so fun to play with and get flirty with the camera for that classic Audrey feel*Pro tip—Have a sweater you love but want that off the shoulder look? Put it on upside down and you come out with a great cowl neck with a bit of a crop fit.**Pro Tip—Get a cute bum shot by pulling the sweater down to barely cover those cheeks!*
When people think of boudoir they typically think of lingerie. And that's OK! Lingerie is a fun way to dress up for your shoot.
A great foundation bra and panty set is the perfect place to start! We love supported cleavage and cheeky panties that leave a little roundness of the butt cheek peeking out. While intricate sets may not be practical for everyday wear, you might have a few pieces reserved for special occasions. Let’s call this one of those special occasions!Lacy matching sets are always gorgeousVintage slips and camisolesCorsets are always fun (be sure to try it on with a friend and get it mostly fitted before your shoot!)
PJ sets—I’m talking lace, satin, and velvet. A bit casual, yet sexy and timeless with that effortless vibe!
*Pro Tip—Play with textures! Mix a cute lacy set with a soft cozy cardigan or with an oversized button down or flannel. Effortless and sexy!*
They all pair well with both basic staples and intricate lingerie sets:
Bring some self-expression out in your shoot!
Statement JewelryScarvesHatsShoes or boots!
*Pro Tip—Have a fave pair of shoes or boots? Bring them along! They turn into one of those great detail shots you’ll love to display*
Your BAE’s clothing staples
Is the shoot a gift for your partner? Try raiding their side of the closet for your big day!
- Button down shirts are always sexy
- Are they sports fans? Bring their favorite jersey or team shirt
- A favorite band or nerd t-shirt- surprise them by revealing a spicy photo in their go-to shirt and panties
- A pair of their boxers/boxer-briefs, or tighty whities!
*Pro Tip—Pair boxers, briefs, or boxer-briefs with one of their button downs…talk about Risqué Business!*
(see what I did there?)
Your shoot is all about YOU! Wear what YOU feel comfortable and confident when you book your boudoir shoot in our Grand Rapids studio! Whether that is a corset and garter belt or a pair of joggers and your favorite strappy sports bra.
Wear it. Rock it. Own it.
Share this story